Use hardwoods and add value to your project
Walnut, pauferro or ebony (see photo accompanying text). These are examples of some types of wood. A form of very nice woods, exotic , some of them but , because of its high cost , due to its quality , are more difficult to acquire. Although there are more affordable alternatives. There is another option to enjoy this precious material.. But before going into details , it would be interesting to know more features of this type of woods:
– hardwoods are a type of wood that, because of its hardness , are often used for all types of industrial uses
– they tend to be harder than other types because they are born of species with broad leaves, which have a very slow growth. This slow growth makes them much harder
– weather enhances the beauty of the wood and , more so in hardwoods
– with regard to treatment, this quality hardwood requires no treatment other than simple back seal
– on a purely visual level , a peculiar feature of hardwood is the diverse range of tones presented, which differs from other species of softwood, and makes hardwood be often used in decoration
– because of his delay in developing enough as to be used , these hardwoods are much more expensive than softwoods such as pine or fir.
But, as we said at the beginning of the article , there is an alternative access to these beautiful woods : the solution is with plywood panels , MDF or chipboard; but veneered with natural wood. With this alternative, the professional will enjoy the benefits of these aesthetic and techniques types of hardwoods, such as ebony or walnut, but without spending all the budget available in solid wood.
But , besides the price, there are many other advantages which advocate the use of veneered panels regarding solid wood. To meet them , we invite you to read the following article.